The Australian Government announced its strategic research priorities to drive investment in areas that are of immediate and critical importance to Australia and its place in the world. The 5 challenges adopted as the overarching structure for the development of the priorities are:
- Living in a changing environment
- Promoting population health and wellbeing
- Managing our food and water assets
- Securing Australia’s place in a changing world
- Lifting productivity and economic growth.
More information about the priorities is available at the Department of Innovation’s website.